Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Chapter One Hundred Ten




To:     The Girls
From: Q
Re:     And Baby makes 3


OMG girls, it happened.   Christmas morning I peed on the stick and pregnant popped up in the magic little window.  I can’t hardly believe it.  After all the years Mark and I spent trying to conceive Ben and then after, trying to give him a sibling and it never happened.  Now, here I am, pregnant with Richie’s baby.  It’s just a tad surreal.

And not to worry, I’m being super, uber careful this time.  No heavy lifting or climbing ladders at the habitat project.  I’m taking it easy as much as I possibly can.  Even right now, I’m lounging on the chaise in my library as I type this email.  I think after I get past the three month mark I might be able to breathe easily again.

I just don’t want to do anything to jeopardize this pregnancy.  I don’t think I could handle it if something happened again. 

And Richie is being so attentive.  He’s practically waiting on me hand and foot.  I can’t hardly imagine what he’s going to be like when I’m as big as a house.  LOL

All in all girls, I’m happy.  So very happy.  No, there is no wedding in the near future, but does it really matter?  I’m not sure I want to be married again, even with a baby on the way.  Richie says he does, someday, but he doesn’t seem to be in a big hurry to run to the altar and that’s fine with me.  I’m good with the way things are right now.

*Sigh*

Who could have known that beyond all the grief and sadness there was a whole new life out here just waiting for me?  Mark and Ben were my everything and I will never forget them.  But now, I have a new life to live with Richie and this new baby.  There is something to be said for leaving everything and everyone you’ve ever known and moving across the country to the strange and unknown.  New Beginnings aren’t for everyone, but for me, it was the best thing I could have ever done for myself.

Love you girls and I really hope you can find some time to come and visit. 

Miss you all-

Q


5 comments:

  1. I'm so very sad to see that this story is coming to an end but at the same time I'm so very happy for Richie and Stephanie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. please tell me it isn't true that this great story is coming to an end? great story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, please don't tell us this is the end! Please let us see Stephanie and Richie's baby born! J

    ReplyDelete
  4. No! NO! NOOOOOO!
    I don't want this story to end!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you end this story now I'm gonna hold my breath and stomp my feet!

    ReplyDelete